Life since re-opening
The last four months have certainly been different! On Monday June 15th, following government guidelines, we re-opened our doors for the first time since March.
We worked hard to implement a range of procedural changes to enable us to keep customers safe while they were shopping with us, while still retaining a welcoming, pleasant atmosphere. These include:
- Comprehensive staff training in the new health and safety procedures
- Completing a Covid-19 Risk Assessment to ensure we are compliant with CFA and government regulations.
- Closing our fitting rooms. As a result, we reviewed our returns and exchange policy to include sale items.
- Encouraging customers and staff to wear a mask or visor (now mandatory) on the shop floor and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Installing a sanitising station at the store entrance to enable customers to wipe down their baskets/trolley handles and for personal hand hygiene.
- Signage, floor markings and till point protection screens were also put in place to further assist customers.
In August, we surveyed customers about their experience of returning to the store and café. Several hundred of them responded, and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. Here is a selection of comments received:
“You are an oasis of calm at the moment. It has not been busy and I have felt relaxed.”
“You have done a great job thinking of how to keep people safe and it never seems to get too crowded.”
“It’s great to walk around knowing you won’t be pressured into buying anything. I love browsing through the whole store.”
“You seem to be doing everything right with sanitising, one way systems, etc. We were impressed.”
“Staff as friendly and helpful as ever. Keep up the good work and well done.”
“I appreciated being in a large, airy space and felt confident it was safe to visit. Also came home with some great bargains!”
For our part, it has been truly wonderful to welcome back our customers, regular and new. We want to thank everyone again for the kind words and their cooperation in these strange times!