Summer Holiday Packing
Pack carefully to make your holiday wardrobe work for you and avoid a washing mountain when you get home. Here are our top holiday packing tips:
1. The first rule for holiday packing is don’t over-pack. Choose key pieces that you can style in a variety of ways, making sure that you stay within your luggage weight limit. Carefully chosen mix and match separates work really well on holiday. Before you go, lay everything out, even your accessories, and style up each outfit to come up with a capsule holiday wardrobe.
2. Choose pieces that you won’t have to iron when you arrive at your holiday destination – who wants to be plugging in the travel iron when you are somewhere hot and steamy already? Light fabrics that you can simply hang and wear when needed are ideal.
3. Cover-ups that work in lots of different ways are great. Choose a cover-up that you can travel in (it can get chilly on those planes!) but that also works for cooler evenings. This doesn’t have to be a cardigan or jacket – beautiful lace and embroidered kimonos are big this season
4. Sensible shoes don’t have to be boring! Realistically, are you going to wear those killer heels in 30 degree heat, on the beach or tottering about the sights? Instead, choose a couple of pairs of comfortable, colourful, embellished sandals that can take you from day to night.
5. A fashionable but practical beach bag can be used as your hand luggage bag, saving you suitcase space. Put your sunglasses in there too, so you are ready for the sunshine as soon as you arrive.